Yes, it’s November, but since Athens GA is still nearing 80 degrees, I’d say we’re still awaiting autumn. Georgia has long winters and extremely long summers, but fall is a golden fraction of the year where I can take advantage of some of my favorite things.
- The sound and feeling of crunchy leaves under my boots
- My hair smelling like bonfires for days even after 3 showers
- Warm evening baths with Lush bombs and candles
- Binge-watching old episodes of Gossip Girl during Thanksgiving Break
- Cuddling with my girlfriends in my cozy down comforter
- Pumpkin and apple pie with whipped cream
- Walking outside in the morning and being greeted by the sun and the crisp air
- Riding boots
- Thanksgiving and family time
- Counting down the days til Christmas
Although this list seem so distant due to the warm weather, I’m hoping the temperature gradually dropping this week will make us feel like we’re actually in the right season. I’m just really itching to take my riding boots out of the box for the season.
But since that hasn’t happened yet, here’s what I’ve been wearing for now. I started with faux suede tank I bought from Marshall’s. Great place I like to browse when I’m bored and not trying to break the bank. The jeans are Joie, and they’re my favorite pair. The chambray shirt is Madewell, a great addition to any outfit. If I know I won’t be home for hours, especially during the transition from day to night, I’ll almost always take a chambray shirt with me. Especially during this season, it’ll be hot during midday, but I always end up getting cold towards the evening. Shoes from Vince Camuto and watch by Marc by Marc Jacobs.
Comment and let me know what your favorite fall things are!
Thanks for doing life with moi!